- PhD (2003-2009) The Institute of Turkish World Research in Ege University (İzmir/Turkey). Dissertation title: Old Uighur Altun Yaruq Sudur, Book V, Transcription, Translation and Explanations, Index.
- MA (2001-2003) The Institute of Turkish World Research in Ege University (İzmir/Turkey). Master title: All Works of Turkmen Poet Annaγïlïč Mätäči: Introduction, Study, Text and Index.
- BA (1996-2000) The Department of Turkish Language and Literature at Ege University (İzmir/Turkey).
- 2020- Faculty member, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Neuere Geschichte (Jena/Germany).
- 2014-2016 Associate Professor at the University of Gediz (İzmir, Turkey).
- 2011-2014 Assistant Professor at the University of Gediz (İzmir, Turkey).
- 2001-2011 Research assistant at the Institute of Turkish World Research in Ege University (İzmir, Turkey).
- Founder and Editor of Journal of Old Turkic Studies (https://dergipark.org.tr/en/pub/jots) since 2017.
- Since 2023: “Funding Initiative for Threatened and Refugee Researchers”, Gerda Henkel Stiftung
- 2021 - 2023: Philipp Schwartz-Initiative, Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung
- 2020 - 2021: International Institute of Education Scholar Rescue Fund (IIE-SRF)
- Two Post-Doc scholarships from TUBİTAK (the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey) in the University of Göttingen at the 2011 and 2013 (for 6 months).