- Since 2021: Coordinator of the EU S3-Partnership on Virtual and Smart Cultural HeritageExterner Link, mandated as pilot action in 2021 by the European Commission.
- Since 2019: Founding Partner, DMA-SCE i.G. European Cooperative SocietyExterner Link, Berlin (Germany): Co-initiator and founding partner of the DMA-SCE i.G. as European Cooperative Society of 10 SME companies in the field of digital heritage. Main purposes are: enabling heritage enabled business chains, supporting transfer of research into commercialisation, provide complementary services based for academic heritage innovations.
- Since 2019: J.Professor for Digital Humanities FSU Jena, Jena (Germany)
- Since 2019: Secretary elect of the Time Machine OrganisationExterner Link, Vienna (Austria)
Other positions in the Time Machine Organisation:
- Ambassador for Germany (since 2018)
- Head of the Project Scouting Service as central unit for funding / funder related activities of the Time Machine Organisation (since 2020).
- WP lead for "Innovation and outreach" during the FET Flagship CSA phase 2019/2020
- Since 2004: Founder and owner of 3D graphics agency 3DkosmosExterner Link. The agency specialized in science visualization completed ~200 projects so far. 3D stills, animation, interactive 3D content are frequently published by television broadcasters, high impact journals like Nature, international fairs or exhibitions.
- 2011-2020: Lecturer at College of Fine Arts, DresdenExterner Link for digital 3D technologies in fine arts.
- 2019: Visiting Researcher Getty Research Institute, Los Angeles (United States)
- 2018: Teaching Fellow: Alma Mater Studiorum - Università di Bologna, Bologna (Italy)
- 2018–2019 Visiting Professor: Chair of Didactics of Information Science / Faculty of Information Science, TU Dresden, Dresden (Germany)
- 2017-2019: Coordination of the preparations of an interdisciplinary English-language Master program for Digital Humanities with a focus on "Digital Curation & Museums" at the TU Dresden
- 2017-2019 Member of the working group "Teaching Development" of the Rectorate of the TU Dresden
- 2017-2019 Head of workgroup 1.3 "International Partnering" of the Virtual Multimodal MuseumExterner Link Coordination and Support Action (funded under the EU Horizon 2020 programme CULT-COOP-8-2016)
- 2016: Fellowship at University College London – Research Group for Digital Humanities (September-November)
- 2016-2019: TUD Young InvestigatorExterner Link status (appointed by the TU Dresden Faculty of Education as an assessor and examiner in doctoral procedures, participating in teaching, integrated in faculty esp. Faculty Council attendance as guest)
- 2015-2019: Head of research group “Multimodal Access to large-scale image repositoriesExterner Link” (funded by German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), 2015-2020)
- 2016-2019: Work package leader: EU-ICT 19 project “U_Code - Urban Collective Design Environment: A new tool for enabling expert planners to co-create and communicate with citizens in urban designExterner Link” (2016-2019)
- 2012-2019: Head of Department of Media Design, Media CenterExterner Link, University of Technology Dresden
- 2012-2014: Research Associate, Department of Business Administration, especially Information Technology / industrial computer science, University of Technology Freiberg
- 2010-2019 Research Associate at the Department of Media Design, Media Center, University of Technology Dresden, Deputy Head of the Department
- 2008-2011: Freelance system and network administrator. Main activities: implementation and support of client-server infrastructure, information management, Technical Event Support
- 2008-2010: Freelancer, Ingenieurbedarf Schreiber-Schöne GmbH, Dresden-Rossendorf. Main activities: design and implementation of Windows Terminal Server systems
- 2008: Student assistant at the Department of Art History, University of Technology Dresden
- 2007: Student assistant at the Department of Educational Technology, University of Technology Dresden
- 2001-2008: Systems administrator, Institute of Radiopharmacy, Helmholtz Research Center Dresden
- 2018-2021 (submission): Post-Doc-Thesis, Media Computing, University Regensburg, Topic "Digital 3D technologies for humanities research and education", Supervisors: Prof. Dr. Christian Wolff, Prof. Dr. Hans Gruber and Prof. Dr. Malte Rehbein.
- 2010-2014 PhD studies, Faculty of Education at the University of Technology Dresden, Dissertation Topic: Cross-disciplinary cooperation due projects for historical 3D reconstruction (Interdisziplinäre Kooperation bei der Erstellung virtueller geschichtswissenschaftlicher 3D-Rekonstruktionen), Grade: summa cum laude
- 2003-2009 Studies in History and Education at the University of Technology Dresden, Thesis: Nuclear Research in the GDR as Big Science? (Kernforschung in der DDR als Großforschung?), Grade: very good
- 2000-2003 Studies in Business Education at the University of Technology Dresden
References and Awards
- 2017 Nomination for Outstanding Paper Award - Categorie: "The most innovative research contribution or case study", EGOV-EPART-Conference. Paper: Klamert, K. & Münster, S.: "Child's play - A literature based survey on gamified tools and methods for fostering public participation in urban planning"
- 2013 Best Student Paper Award, International Communication Association (ICA) - Visual communication division
- 2010 Movie Award of the European Association of Urology (3rd prize)
- 2009 Movie Award of the German Society of Urology (2nd prize)
- 2016 TU Dresden Graduate Academy travel grant for short-term research stays abroad: University College London.
- 2013 DAAD-Travel grant: International Communication Association Meeting London.
- 2013 Erasmus Staff Mobility: Université de Strasbourg.
- 2019 First place: W1 tenure track professorship for Digital Humanities at the Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- 2018 Second place: Career professorship for Digital Humanities with a focus on museology at the Karl-Franzens-University Graz.
- 2017 Second place: W1 professorship for Digital Humanities with a focus on art history at the Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nürnberg.
Project Proposal Reviewer
Frequent proposal reviews e.g. for EU JPI-CH, Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DE), Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften (AT), Riksbanken (SE)
Journal Reviewing & Editing Activities
- Since 2019: Journal: MDPI Applied Sciences
- Since 2018: Journal: ACM JOCCH
- 2017 Journal: Sehepunkte
- 2017 Journal of Archaeological Science: Reports
- 2016 Reviewer GOR2017
- 2016 Reviewer, International Conference on Cultural Heritage and New Technologies (CHNT)
- 2016 Session co-organizer: User-centred Visualization for digital Cultural Heritage (Session accepted for EUROMED 2016, Lemessos / Cyprus).
- 2016 Session organizer: Visual Knowledge (Session at IFKAD 2016, Dresden).
- 2016 Session co-organizer: Knowledge Communities I: Knowledge Management (Session at IFKAD 2016, Dresden).
- 2015 Editor in chief: Book project: How to manage data and knowledge related to interpretative digital 3D reconstructions of Cultural Heritage? (Springer LNCS volume, publication announced for May 2016)
- 2014 Workshop organizer: The 2nd International Workshop on ICT for the Preservation and Transmission of Intangible Cultural Heritage: How to exchange Cultural Heritage 3D objects and knowledge in Digital Libraries? (Workshop held at EUROMED 2014, Lemessos / Cyprus).
- 2014 Reviewer, International Communication Association - Visual communication division (ICA)
- Since 2013 Reviewer, GeNeMe
- Since 2013: Member of TU Dresden graduate academy
- 2010-2012 Member of graduate school: Studium fundamentale: Key competencies for Leadership (TU Dresden)
Memberships and Committees
- Since 2022: Scientific advisor of EU "CoVHer – Computer-based Visualisation of Architectural Cultural Heritage"
- Since 2021: Advisory board member of BAUREKA onlineExterner Link
- Since 2020: Advisory board member of Gotha transdigitalExterner Link
- 2016-2019: Advisory Board member of Virtual Multimodal Museum (ViMM) Externer LinkCoordination and Support Action (CSA), funded under the EU Horizon 2020 programme (CULT-COOP-8-2016)
- Since 2014: Co-convener of the digital 3D reconstruction workgroupExterner Link of the Digital Humanities in the German-speaking area association (Digital Humanities im deutschsprachigen Raum e.V.)
- Since 2013: Expert Member of ICOMOS International Committee of Architectural Photogrammetry (CIPA)Externer Link
- ICOMOS Germany
- German Usability Professionals Association (GUPA)
- Computer Applications in Archaeology and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology (CAA), German Chapter
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft Geschichte und EDV e.V. (AGE)
- 2008 Workshop leader "3D animation", Saxonian Youth Media Days
- Since 2007 Volunteer work, Förderverein der evangelischen Jugend Pirna e.V.
- 2002 - 2006 Board Member, Jugendring Sächsische Schweiz e.V.
- 1994 - 2005 Volunteer work, Evangelische Jugend Pirna e.V.